Saturday, August 4, 2012

Every Teacher needs an Organizational Teacher Binder

I have seen several post on teacher binders.  I have organized all of my important information in a binder for years.  It seems as if each year my binder changes.  I know that all teachers like things organized in their own way, but I thought I would share what works best for me. 

I will go ahead and apologize for the pictures.  My cell phone got wet while we were at Six Flags on Thursday.  I had a great time with my family but if I never see Six Flags again it will be way too soon!!  Who am I kidding?!?! My boys are only 7 yrs. old and 10 yrs. old.  I have many visits to Six Flags in my future.  It is a good thing that I have a whole year to recover!!  My 7 yr. old informed us that Six Flags has season passes.  I just ignored that remark and got his attention on some yummy cotton candy!!  It worked for the moment!! Okay....back to the teacher binder!!

In this section I keep things such as class roster, daily schedule, and specialty schedule.

I like to keep a copy of my weekly newsletters for easy access. 

In this section I keep my weekly lesson plans.  In the following sections you will see that I have the Common Core Standards, curriculum maps, etc. This really helps when planning with my grade level. 
The following sections are my content areas.  This section is for ELA.  This is where I keep all of my standards, curriculum maps, and unit plans.  The Common Core Standards and Curriculum Map go directly behind the tab.  Behind that I have placed smaller tabs that are divided by units for my unit plans and assessments.  These tabs are simply numbered by units (ex. ELA Unit 1, ELA Unit 2, etc.).
In this section I keep any writing lesson ideas along with writing rubrics. 
This section is for Math. This is where I keep all of my standards, curriculum maps, and unit plans. The Common Core Standards and Curriculum Map go directly behind the tab. Behind that I have placed smaller tabs that are divided by units for my unit plans and assessments. These tabs are simply numbered by units (ex. Math Unit 1, Math Unit 2, etc.). This section is set up just like ELA. 

This section is for grades.  I have also included smaller tabs for each content area. 

I am probably going to change this section.  It says Assessments but it really needed to say Student Data.  I was creating this notebook at 2am so a mistake or two is expected!!  :)  This section will contain all of the data that I record on my students. 

I really hope that you can pick and choose some items from this notebook to help in creating your own.  I can't imagine not having all this information in one spot. It certainly makes my life a little easier.   

No comments:

Post a Comment