Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Exciting News and an Exciting Tool!!!

I just found out that I get to attend The Georgia Educational Technology Conference for three days in November.  I am sooo excited!!!  It is held in Atlanta and is a great opportunity to find out all the wonderful things that are out there for educators.  One of my colleagues went last year and brought back so many wonderful ideas.  So today I thought I would share one of those wonderful ideas with all of you. 
Okay........so this handy little tool is called linoit.  It can be found at www.linoit.com.  It is free and very user friendly. Linoit is a digital online classroom display board where teachers and students can post information on sticky notes. All you need to post to the board is access to the URL.  Once you post a sticky it shows up on the board instantly.  I utilize this by displaying the board on my big tv and as the students post their sticky notes they are added to the board for the whole class to see.   With this tool you also have the capability of embedding videos, web links, and pictures.  Click Here for a wonderful article about the many ways to use linoit in the classroom or Here for a quick tutorial, but first read on to see a few ways that I have used it with my students.
During our units on wants and needs I was able to link a brainpop video into my linoit board.  The students were asked to click on the link and watch the video.  Once they finished the video they went back to the board and posted an example of a want on a yellow sticky and a need on a green sticky.  All the students have to do to get to the board is have access to the URL.  I usually provided the students with a QR code or a tinyurl so they would not have to spend so much time typing in the link.  The students were able to use iPads and Motorola Xooms to post their sticky notes.  They were also able to use laptops.  To find out more about QR codes and tiny url's please go to one of my previous post.  You can find that HERE.


Here I used linoit on the 100th day of school for students to show different ways to make 100.  On this board I incorporated clipart. 

I was able to create this board to go along with our unit on questioning.

I hope that you all get a chance to check out this wonderful tool.  The students love it and it is a wonderful and easy way to incorporate technology in the classroom.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try this out with in my classroom. I had never heard of this site before.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it!! It is so user friendly and can be incorporated in so many ways. Good Luck!!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I just blogged about Lino It too and I linked to this blog post (hope you don't mind) because you had some great classroom applications! It's an awesome app/tool and I am always looking for MORE ideas!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thanks!! I am headed over to check out your post!

      Delete
    2. Nikki, I can't see your blog. What am I doing wrong?

      Delete
    3. Yikes, I don't know! I was able to click the link and see everything just fine!
      Sent From My iPad

      If that doesn't work the "long link" is http://techsentfrommyipad.blogspot.com!

      Delete
  3. That news and tool is just amazing and very informative. Thanks for sharing.
    Teacher Collaboration

    ReplyDelete