Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mr. Slithers.....You are NOT Welcome in my Classroom

 I received a text message from one of the second grade teachers at my school.  She was informing me that Mr. Slithers, pictured below, was found in  my classroom.  No........your eyes are not playing tricks on you, it is indeed a snake.....YIKES!!  The second picture shows his hiding place behind my cubbies.....note the tail in the corner.




 That just makes my skin crawl!!   I am proud to report that our wonderful custodians captured my little visitor and took care of him, if you know what I mean. Poor little snake.....NOT!!! 
Dear Mr. Worker, Next time you prop the door open at the end of the hallway please be sure that you are the only thing entering the school! 
I am hoping that is how my little friend found his way in and I sure hope he doesn't have any friend that are awaiting their opportunity for a visit! 

On a happier note, I thought I would share a few things that I made this summer for my classroom.  I saw this super cute idea on pinterest.  This is my version of the dry erase picture frame.  I found this cool stickable ribbon at Joanns and just had to have it.  I also decided to make a mason jar to hold the expo markers.  I ran out of ribbon so they don't match.......which is driving me crazy!!  Will probably have to fix that soon!! 


I thought this project turned out so cute that I decided to make some for my second grade crew to match each of their classrooms. 


I am looking forward to sharing my classroom reveal.  CHECK BACK!!!

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by!! I am your newest follower! Yuck about the snake!! Just thinking about a snake in my classroom makes my skin crawl... I love your cute frames too. They came out great! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!! I love mason jars for anything & this is such a great idea :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you checking out my blog. I am now your newest member too. I love your picture frames with the ribbon. I am in the process of making a few as well which I will be posting shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewww!! I HATE snakes! Glad they took care of that! I live your picture frame message board! Very cute! I'm your newest follower!

    Dray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....me too!! I just pray I don't get any more visits!!

      Delete
  5. Oh so cute and so sweet of you to share! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am glad that we can share our adventures now!! PS... If I had found a snake in my room I probably would have lost it a little bit! Not a Fan!
    Taylor
    BakingCraftingTeaching Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor.....thank you!! I am so sure that I will be a nervous wreck when I go back to my room next week. I am sure the snake phobia will set in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very big ewww to the snake in your room!! I would have been petrified! Your frames are cute! I just finished mine to display our classroom objectives each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of using the frame to display the objectives!!

      Delete
  8. Eek on Mr. Slithers. I love your Open House dry erase frames. Such a cute idea. I hope you get your classroom pulled together just the way you want it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I always look forward to reading your posts!! Your blog is Terrific and one of my favorites!!!

      Delete
  9. Very cute things you made :) I love the dry erase boards.

    I'm a new follower and love what I am reading :)

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I really appreciate you stopping by!!!

      Delete
  10. I cannot stand snakes...like I might have nightmares tonight after seeing that picture. We have a pond near our school so snakes have been found inside.

    All of the projects you have shared are adorable and so is your blog...it makes me think of cute little ladybugs. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. You can check out my Hug your Heart jar. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I sure hope you don't have any nightmares, although I will admit I have had a few about my little snake friend. Just became a follower!! I love your Hug your Heart jar!!!

      Delete
  11. Oh my!!! I would not enjoy having a snake in my classroom. I suppose I'll stick with spiders! Thanks for stopping by my blog, so I could find yours! I love your dry erase frames!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your idea of the giving dry erase frames to your teaching partners at the beginning of the year... I will be making those tomorrow to give out!

    www.polkadotsandpushpins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Katie!! It was a fun gift to give!!

    ReplyDelete